- 1 in 5 teens struggle with a diagnosable mental health issue
- Only 50% get help
- According to the CDC, 20% teens consider suicide
- 1 in 12 attempt suicide
- 1 in 10 teens have depression
- 1 in 4 teens have an anxiety disorder, 80% do not get help
- There is a link between untreated ADHD and acting out
The impact is more than in statistics and factoids, it’s in feelings and emotions. It’s in our families, with our friends and in our communities. Having a mental disorder should not be any different than experiencing a physical illness. And it doesn’t have to be; you can help make a difference.
Take the Stigma out of Emotional Pain
- If you or someone you know is considering self of other harm, have threatened to harm themselves or others, please contact 9-1-1 immediately. Early identification and effective intervention is the key to successfully treating the disorder and preventing future harm or disability. Trained professionals want to help!
At Embrace New Life, we consider the teen in their social context – as they relate to their families and themselves. Teen counselors at Embrace New Life will initially meet with the custodial parents (divorced parents must fax a recent copy of divorce decree) and/or step parent(s) to help you identify your goals and determine the best treatment plan. Embrace New Life practices family systems therapy. We help real families find real solutions. Call us today! 972-292-7092